Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i can get the motor mount plates from a few places to put the 440 in my slant 6 K-m But will the Suspension hold the 440 or do i need to get something to beef up my front end.

·
Registered
267 Posts
if you are mostly or only drag racing, leave the /6 torsion bars in. if you are doing mostly street driving, use bigger t-bars so it will corner better. the /6 bars will work fine, it just depends on what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, my /6 cars are pretty soft in the front end, I'm gonna try a SB in my Duster before I change the torsion bars, but I'll probably change them for some stiffer bars. I can't even begin to imagine how much fun it would be to try to drive one of these cars with an RB on /6 bars. :eek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Like a fat chick bouncing on two rubber bands... lol That'll be a handful on the street; I still have slant six bars on my small block (until I do the brake swap and front end), and they suck pretty bad.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had slant 6 bars under my 440 duster and drove the crap out of that thing on the street.  I also ran 3.5 inch skinnies on the front.  Needless to say, I wasn't going for the "corner carver G machine" prize, but it handled relatively well for what it was.  Definately not a handfull...you just had to make sure you had that thing pointed in the direction you wanted to go before you stabbed the gas.......but I guess that holds true for anything that has 500 horsepower or more!

If you want to fling it around a curve, change the torsion bars. If you want a relatively good ride with AWESOME weight transfer on the strip, keep the ones you have.

G

·
i run 6 cylinder bars with my 440 and no problems .like others have said tho,no corner carver. and no sway bars....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts