Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small block k-member in my Dart.  I'm about to order the conversion kit for my B/RB engine.  My questions is, how can I tell what year range my k-member is from (the car was originally a /6 I was told)??  The conversion kit is for 1973-76 or 1967-72.   tnku tnku

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
allblknblue said:
I have a small block k-member in my Dart.  I'm about to order the conversion kit for my B/RB engine.  My questions is, how can I tell what year range my k-member is from (the car was originally a /6 I was told)??  The conversion kit is for 1973-76 or 1967-72.   tnku tnku
The problem with that is that they don't show the identification as far as years, only as far as if its a V8 or S6. Here are some pictures of my k-frame. The one from the site says it's a 67-72 k-frame and I attached a pic of that one. They look the same but without knowing what a 73+ looks like I don't know for sure. Thanks a lot guys! tnku

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jennie, Give Jim Lusk a call. He is our boards K-frame guru.

·
Registered
60 Posts
He will probably chime in tomarrow. He has been in LA at the Spring Fling. You are more than welcome to stop by and look at mine. It's a spool mount on a '73 - '76 small block K-frame.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Your K is definitly a 72 or earlier. It is what they call a biscut mount as oppossed to the 73 and later saddle or spool mounts. Measure it like Schumacher's web site says.

"The V8 should measure approximately 20" across"
"The S6 should measure approximately 22 1/4" across"

That's cut straight from the web site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts