Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have any of the factory bolts, can I just go and get grade 8 bolts and put the head of the bolt on the rotor side? Also where can I buy strut rod washers?

·
Registered
523 Posts
If you are talking about the bolts that bolt the lower ball joint on, then yes. They are 5/8" x 18 x 2.5" long (fine thread) I just went and bought some grade 8 bolts in that side. I had to grind the head of the bolts just a little because the inside of the rotor was slightly draging on them when i spun the rotor. Not sure about the strut rod washers.

·
Registered
243 Posts
nasty68 said:
If you are talking about the bolts that bolt the lower ball joint on, then yes. They are 5/8" x 18 x 2.5" long (fine thread) I just went and bought some grade 8 bolts in that side. I had to grind the head of the bolts just a little because the inside of the rotor was slightly draging on them when i spun the rotor. Not sure about the strut rod washers.

Is the thread count important as long as they're fine thread? I was at the local hardware store today trying to buy some, they only had 20 threadcount or something. Now that I look at the parts more closely, it doesn't seem to screw into anything other than the nut behind the lower ball joint.

The tech pages say to use a squish type lock nut, is that the kind with a nylon insert?

G

·
no, the squish type is swedged on on side of the nut to make the threaded hole out of round making it tight on the bolt, but I feel the nylock nut(the ones with the nylon insert ) will work just fine as long as you are not looking for origionallity. santa4

·
Registered
243 Posts
dartman366 said:
no, the squish type is swedged on on side of the nut to make the threaded hole out of round making it tight on the bolt, but I feel the nylock nut(the ones with the nylon insert ) will work just fine as long as you are not looking for origionallity. santa4
thank you kindly. i'll go with the fine thread and nylock..

santa2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts