Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took this from www.forabodiesonly.com   figured some of you guys would be interested...

11-06-2006, 12:16 AM

Hello,
I just received 2 sets of Spitfires from Harold for my 64, and for my 66 Darts. They are designed to work with a manual steering box.

Harold wanted me to let you know that he has a set ready to go, you simply need to call or e-mail him, and make the arrangements.

He is selling them for $225 COD. You can reach him at 1-479-650-9989. You can also e-mail him at [email protected]. He is up and running in production mode, so if Spitfires would work for you, give him a call!

Hopefully this is helpful to you looking for headers for our early A's.

Thanks,
Clint S
Los Angeles

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a set from him a couple of years ago and was very pleased!! I got them quick and a couple of years ago,very cheap!!!! Good quality and fit

G

·
I ordered my headers

(I asked this on another thread also)

Now.......Ceramic coating or paint? Should I use Locking Safety Bolts?
Suggestions?  Locations?  Cost estimates?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does the car sit in a garage when no being used? in my opinion all the coatings are gonna rust so its a waste of money to me... the saftey bolts are just a personal preference

G

·
The Ceramic Coating rusts too? I didn't know that.

I take the car to local car shows. It is not a trailer queen. I drive it when the weather is good. It might sit for 2 months during the winter.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glow Worm said:
The Ceramic Coating rusts too? I didn't know that.

I take the car to local car shows. It is not a trailer queen. I drive it when the weather is good. It might sit for 2 months during the winter.
yes the cerimac will rust too... being used like you do it may be ok.. i have had a few set of ceramic headders rust.. first set was at DGM in philly. the other set was done at Jet Hot and a set of headman coated headders all rusted... i drive the cars quite a bit. and they do spend alot of time outside though... the other thing is make sure your motor is properly tuned before putting any coated headder on.. if the mixture or timing is too far off you will damage the coating... then you also have to make sure you clean the properly too....

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is a set of headman ceramic coated headders....

if you remember when the ceramic coatings first came out it had a lifetime warranty.. now its only like a year.. there is a very good reason for that....

G

·
HMMMMMMMM? I'm thinking heat resistant paint..........that's what I have on my cast iron manifolds, and I just touch them up from time to time..... THANKS FOR THE PHOTO!!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
heat resistant paint....what a laugh. The best thing for headers, and the only thing I've seen last is "stove black". It's used for painting wood stoves and chimney pipes. You have to get all the original paint off first, I usually just let it burn off. Then mask the rest of the engine bay and let loose, I suppose you could remove the headers again or strip the paint off first

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
Sounds like you've been there, and done it all...... I haven't installed the headers so I can do anything. Does anyone sell RUST in a spray can? Maybe the headers would think they were already rusted, and wouldn't rust............. LOL doh LOL **(*) LOL tnku

·
Registered
208 Posts
I ordered headers form Harold a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting; I'm anxious to bolt them on. He told me that he's using a thicker flange now - I'll write more when I get them and put them in.

·
Registered
243 Posts
are we talking RB here - if so it's a heck of a deal....!!!!

Joel

·
Registered
48 Posts
440Dreamin said:
are we talking RB here - if so it's a heck of a deal....!!!!

Joel
Nope, we're talking 63 - 66 early A body  with LA engine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i should have known... still sounds like a good deal.

thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
i got a set of fenderwells from a fella I got my 8.75 from, but wonder about the day-to day street driving which is all i really do.

anyone know?

G

·
Still waitin on my Spitfires, but I think I undersatnd Harold's position. WHY WOULDN'T you wait until you have at least 10 sets orderd before you fire up the tube bender, and the welder. That's what I would do.....ALTHOUGH I am anxios to do my engine switch without re-doing exhaust work......

1 - 20 of 74 Posts