Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to have my dart mini tubbed and the springs moved to the frame, while taking the fuel tank off I noticed that the fuel take was further right on the car almost hitting the frame, while the left side had probably 4 inches from frame to tank. For all those that have moved springs to frame, can you still use stock fuel tank, and mine was just not centered? Or will it require a fuel cell. The guy doing it said he has done a few mopars, and can't remember, but most chevys do he said. It's on a 75 dart, 8.25 rear

·
Registered
267 Posts
the springs wont interfere with the stock fuel tank, but if you keep the tank, you may not be able to run tail pipes out the back.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used the stock tank, but had to relieve the lower section with a hammer and a 2X4. it just barely rubbed on the spring. Now is a good time to upgade the fuel pickup in the tank to 3/8 or 1/2 inch. As far as tail pipes I've 2 1/2" running out the back with the old school turndowns. The pass. side was tight but my exhaust guy is an artist. Did an awsome job. Good luck with the tub.

·
Registered
135 Posts
when i moved the spring on my 68 dart. the tank was so close on the right ( pass) side i had to push the tank as far as i could to the left and bent the weld seam up a little with a 2x4 and a hammer. its still close but does not rub.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, sounds good. I guess i'll wait and see when he gets done, and do a trial fitment. If it's too close or I have to beat it up too much, it may be time for a fuel cell.

·
Registered
612 Posts
are you doing the work yourself or paying someone to do it? The reason I ask is I did mine myself, I have gotten into fabing up Vegie tanks for guys converting over to vegie oil on their diesels and I charge about $350 for a tank. Average size is 30 x 20 x 20, I have maybe $130 in materials and it usually takes me about 8 hours to fab one up from start to finish. I would consider doing spring relocations and such but wouldnt know how much to charge. One of my friends payed a dude $1300 bucks to put in a 8 point cage. I told him to give me a month cause I was busy and I would have saved him $600 but oh well....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He quoted me originally $800 for mini-tub, move springs in to frame, and shorten the rear end. I would have to pay for new axels. But I'm going to leave the rear end alone, and just get a bigger backspacing tire. So he said that it would be around $650-$700 for the mini-tub and spring relocation. He is buying all materials for this. He does great work, mostly chevy stuff, but said he has done a few mopars. I feel that this is very reasonable. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Getting ready to do my son's 68 Dart.. The fuel tank is out because of a leak we found so out it came. May end up with a custom fuel tank because instead of noticing frame we may go inside the frame instead. Been looking for the pictures of the spring mounts but have not found anything yet...Was not looking for the cutting the frame...

Rick

·
Registered
169 Posts
I did the spring relocation and
used my stock gas tank. I may end up
running my exhaust out the side in front
of the rear tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.