Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 3 days of looking and getting the run around i said screw looking for a front drum for the Demon and i ordered my Disc brake conversion kit form Summit Racing yesterday

I ordered the SSBC kit I should get it by thursday so this weekend shall be fun filled

·
Registered
320 Posts
You'll like the discs a LOT better then the drums.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have their kit on my car.

Great kit, easy to convert, all parts needed. Can be 4" or 4 1/2 " bolt pattern on the kit I installed, studs for both included.

OH, and it is all NEW PARTS, when searching boneyard for the parts you might have to by new calipers and bearings.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking forward to it, it ships today from Summit Racing. I got it for 834 shipped!

·
Registered
320 Posts
The SSBC kit comes with new spindles.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no the SSBC kit you can only use witha factory 10" drum car it re uses the drum spindles!

Lucky for me i was blessed witha factory 10" all the way around but seeing as i blew the orignal 8 3/4 i got the b body now so i have larger 10' out back

·
Registered
320 Posts
demon340v said:
no the SSBC kit you can only use witha factory 10" drum car it re uses the drum spindles!

Lucky for me i was blessed witha factory 10" all the way around but seeing as i blew the orignal 8 3/4 i got the b body now so i have larger 10' out back
Really? I swear I saw them on Summit and there were spindles in the pic.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Lars said:
demon340v said:

Really? I swear I saw them on Summit and there were spindles in the pic.
That is strange. I installed a SSBC front disk set on a '65 Mustang and it came with spindles. The kit with power booster conversion was about $1100.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I installed the SSBC kit on my dart and I used the factory spindles but not the factory hubs.

I had to drill out one hole in each spindle for a bolt to pass thru instead of thread into

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
320 Posts
Come to think of it, the kit I looked at was $899. Maybe it is a different kit.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the kit yesterday just as Summit said with next day air omg it wa awesome! it was like freaking x mas for me.

eveyrthing looks real great and i REALLY don't care to be here at work i rather be at home putting my added stopping power on.

and you can bet there will be pics!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WildCat said:
I installed the SSBC kit on my dart and I used the factory spindles but not the factory hubs.

I had to drill out one hole in each spindle for a bolt to pass thru instead of thread into
Which hole did you drill through?

here is your spindle

@

* *<-----did you drill this hole? that way the bolt goes through that steering arm through the spindle and then threads into the plate for the disc brakes right?

oh yeah also i'm missing 4 bolts!!! so i'm going to try and get to the nuts and bolts store before they close today to get some more bolts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.