Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone repopping a contoured steel patch panel for the area under the battery tray. Mine doesn't have holes, but it is very thin and needs to come out. If not I'll just box it in and weld it up. '67 Dart

Tom

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Richard. I plan on relocating the battery but the area under the tray will not be able to take paint. It looks like the battery dripped on the left engine bay panel and has made s spot about the size of a pop can paper thin.

I just had an idea; if I/m moving the battery to the trunk then I don't need the hump. I will cut it out and replace it with a flat piece of steel.

Tom

G

·
thebankerstoy said:
Hey Tom,

Why don't you just relocate the battery in the trunk?
It will get some of the dead weight off of the front end of the car and also get the battery out of all of the under hood heat. I did that on my 66 Coronet and the batterys live a lot longer in the trunk.  ;)

Richard
isnt that battery one of those optimas? me thinks those are a dry cell type, no worry about leaks, fumes or eating the paint. perfect for the trunk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Baking Soda and water to neutralize the rust then a coat of a rust convertor, which can be found at most parts stores. The area will be ready for painting. Wish I could weld might change the thinking pattern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.