Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my power to manual steering coupler from RMS and was going to put it in today. I get the roll pin knocked out and notice the shaft is sloppy at the end of the column. I rrmove the white nylon bearing retainer and find the bearing is totally gone. I looked in my year one catalog and don't see a listing for this part. Does anyone have a lead on replacement parts for the lower end of the steering column?

I was hoping to push the car out of the shop and get the block / trans set in this weekend.  o[

Tom

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Steering coupling bearing

check with bill i think he has a replacement bushing to go down there

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill, do you sell these?

If not I found Total Auto and Jim's Auto parts in the search.

Tom

G

·
I have a generic bearing we make out of delrin. It looks and works nice, but has no provision for an intermediate shaft if you have one - it only accomodates the outer housing and the steering shaft. You can see it in the gallery on the rms site. I know Totally Auto advertises the replacement oem style bearing too...

·
Registered
283 Posts
the part no. is 2950513 it fits column or floor shift. ex.tilt-telescopic. total auto has some in their catalog. but only list for a 70 dart. correct me if i'am wrong but i thought they did away with that set-up after 69? which i need.there's only two styles 2 and 3 bolt type.( i heard a lot of neg. feed back on jim's. lost of post on the other web. site.) total has a one and a two piece type ,so you don't have to disconnect the coupler.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jet-taz said:
the part no. is 2950513 it fits column or floor shift. ex.tilt-telescopic. total auto has some in their catalog. but only list for a 70 dart. correct me if i'am wrong but i thought they did away with that set-up after  69? which i need.there's only two styles 2 and 3 bolt type.( i heard a lot of neg. feed back on jim's.  lost of post on the other web. site.) total has a one and a two piece type ,so you don't have to disconnect the coupler.
What are you referring to when you say 2 or 3 bolt? My retainer collar has one set screw and the retainer with bearing comes out in one peice.

Here is a pic of my set up. I'll just get a bushing / retainer from Bill if it will work with my application. The stock shaft is still in the power steering column.

Just finished and rolled it out of the shop. It rolls and turns.  -0*(

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts