Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, how hard is it to pull the steering collumn out?  I need to get the manifolds off and trim the collar back for headers.  Its a manual setup in a 73 swinger.  Never done this before...help! any sites with pics?

·
Registered
283 Posts
there should be 3 or 4 bolts holding the column up. plus a wire connection. 4 bolts hold the base plate on the fire wall. also disconnect the coupling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, it is that easy then? For some reason, looking at it, I thought it looks much worse than it probably is.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Jim_Lusk said:
Don't forget the roll pin on the coupler.
That damn pin can be a pain in the a$$. I had to pull the whole steering box out and pull the coupling guts off of the column and then pound on it on my vise. I tried and tried for hours with it on the car to no avail. I had my machinist friend make me a pin that will come out easier the next time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really new at this, is the pin that hollow tube looking thing in the coupler? I'm trying to remove that as we speak, am I hitting the right thing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.