Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a question for you guys, as you all knwo my car is a factory automatic on the column, well i have teh shifter on the floor now and my question to you guys is,

how in the hell do i take out the lever on the column?

G

·
you have to drill out the pin holding it on.you may be a may be able to tap it out with a hammer but drilling is usually required.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
That thing was a bitch on my car. I think the little roll pin is hardened.

G

·
whats a pin driver?i've seen em in concretre construction but not as an automotive hand tool.got a picture of one?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just use a punch that is just about the same size as the pin. That way it is not spreading it at the same time you are trying to drive it out. %)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just took apart 2 steering columns. I used a 1/4 inch brass drift to knock the pin out.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!, i got bucket seats coming monday and well it will look funny with a column shift and floor shifter?!?! haha

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
So what are you tryin to say. huuh? I'm just playin with ya. I did drive mine for a while like that. But just cuz I was to lazy to take it out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
260 Posts
DustBuster said:
Sawzall ! ;D
Yep, that's what I'm gonna take to mine soon. The guy before me took the shift lever out, but now I want to cut off the little extension on the collar where it went in. I just have to think of a good way to patch the hole...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have 2 complete steering column collar sets that I want to sell. If you do not want to have to wait on your collars while you are modifiing them just make me an offer on the ones that I have. The shipping will be $10.00 per set unless you buy both.

[email protected]

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mopowers said:
So what are you tryin to say. huuh?  I'm just playin with ya.  I did drive mine for a while like that.  But just cuz I was to lazy to take it out. 
LOL just like that! haha j/k plus i got the B&M unimatic shifter so there is no box it has a lil shifter boot people think the car is a 4 speed i wish!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts