Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my stock Demon steering wheel. I belive it's about 15 3/4 diameter. Going to 14" wheel. I have manual steering. Is there any issues with a smaller wheel, for turning or much harder to steer? Thanks Steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't decided that yet. Have been looking at the wheels and tires posts, trying to figure that out. Car's pretty much street, only once in awhile strip. I'm to the point where I have to decide on wheels and tires. Steve

·
Registered
474 Posts
The wider the front tires the harder it will be to turn. Most of the the time when moving it won't be to bad, but parking lots and low speed can get to be a bit hard with wide tires and a small steering wheel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kind of looking at 215 or 265-65R15, or 215-60R15, or 215-70R15. Obviously still undecided, but need to get my rear in gear, cause the weather's going to be getting better. Steve

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have 215/70R 15 with no power steering...anything smaller than a 13" steering wheel will be a PITA to turn, unless you're built like Popeye the Sailor

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a 14" wheel and 215 70 15 .Little work at slow or no speed but not a big issue.Remember its a MUSCLE CAR !! ;D ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts