Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Hey, I'm a newbie also. I don't think there's a way to update an old radio, no inputs. Or let's say no easy$ way to do it. You can hide new radio's anywhere with remote controls. Or you can get a updated radio that looks old school, jc whitney sells them. Does the 1975 still use the 2 shaft radio or is it the bigger one chrysler started using in the mid 70's or so? Oh there's away ebay, nos radio's with a tape pop up. I bought one a couple months back.

· Registered
117 Posts
Pretty simple wiring, a power wire, lamp wire, ground and speaker wires. If it's not working you have to make sure the antenna is grounded, so the part that goes thru the fender has to have a good connection underneath. Sometimes that's the only ground on a radio is thru the antenna. Found a diagram on the web show how most mopar radio are installed, oops little to big got to go shrink the pic first.

· Registered
117 Posts
Here we go, show how it's bolted in there. You'll have to get an old style radio with the 2 shafts to fit back in the dash or cut a bigger hole or install the radio in the glove box or under the dash or under the seat etc.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.