Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody happen to know the weight of a totally stripped 69 Dart uni-body. Just curious............Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
looks like you are in the best position to find out.when is it goin to paint?my guess is somewhere around 700 lbs. but its just a guess.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I agree, now if I just had 4 bathroom scales. []{}
That is a current picture. It should be back in my shop (in primer) by mid Nov. At that time I will be dropping the plastic 528 hemi in to figure out the necessary shock tower cuts (thanks for the pics Bill), also the rear, tranny, TTI exhaust, AlterKation, ect. Then around the 1st of Jan it will get stripped back down and sent back to the paint shop for final paint (Rally red w/ white int). By the way, believe it or not, all the body work and painting is being done by Dan at Maaco. This guy is good..........$5,600.00, turn key.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the complete paint job including the bottom. That's being done in U-Pol raptor liner, a tintable, thinable, chip proof "undercoat" that will be Rally Red.

G

·
is that just prep and paint?i assume you dismantled the car not him right.was there any metal work done?just curious because i hav'nt priced a paint job in a while.

·
Registered
828 Posts
mopar stu said:
is that just prep and paint?i assume you dismantled the car not him right.was there any metal work done?just curious because i hav'nt priced a paint job in a while.
Your in for a shock.

Going rate around here for a car the size of a Dart with some rust repair is 6k-7k.

G

·
alot depends on the shop,some body shops do so much colision and insurance work,these restorations arent as profitable, so they will charge alot to compete with the quick money they make from insurance jobs.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[]{} I stripped the car to the point you see. That's exactly why they charge so much........I know, I own a construction company and all we do is insurance repairs.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Upper management must be messing with me doh
These are two more pics from today. Dan said I should get it back by the weekend. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'am a bodyman by trade and the shop i work for won't even touch a resto. I have people ask me to do some on the side quite often so I'm now thinking I might start. I know some resto shops around here say they start at 30k and go from there. The problem is that materials have gone through the roof.

G

·
MVRCorp said:
Upper management must be messing with me doh
These are two more pics from today. Dan said I should get it back by the weekend. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
i can amagine how stoked you must be,thats a quick turn around too some people have to wait months.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know about "quick turn-around" he's had it since 4/1. Hell.........I'm a virgin...... maybe 6 mos. is a good turn around time....you tell me.

G

·
ouch,i just assumed it just got there because of the new post.glad he's finally gettin to it.i would tell a customer to leave it at home till i'm ready for it.no point in having a car in your shop thats not being worked on.but once again,he's prob. squeezing the job in between his usual gravy.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the "problem" really isn't one....shortly after it "arrived" he decided he should personally restore this instead of his "autobody monkeys". Hence the delay. ;D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts