Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put  strut and brake kit on a 67 cougar and liked the handling so much i want to do it to my dart ..who makes the struts kits for mopars..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Better do a bit of homework and know the difference between a coil spring/strut and a torsion bar type front suspension   :eek:  !!

How can you mention the 'M' word on this site??
Bill has a far superior front suspension available in the AlterKtion!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well there is one "bolt in"(requires a good deal of welding) kit out there. It is made by Magnumforce racing. Dont know anyone who has used one but I have seen one on a car they built. Are you sure it was a strut kit you installed? They require a good deal of fabrication work and welding due to the overall length of the struts themselves.

·
Registered
86 Posts
an A body mopar is to archaic to cost effectivly put struts in....you'd be better off putting an M1 tank of a cast iron old style big block 440 into a car with struts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my goal is to get a lighter ,better handling and steering front end with out going to a magnumforce kit ..i want to eliminate the torsion bars ..  i would like to do a wilwood front hub kit , rack and pinion  and sway bar front end .. is it possible with a stock K frame?

·
Registered
994 Posts
wickedfirefighter said:
my goal is to get a lighter ,better handling and steering front end with out going to a magnumforce kit ..i want to eliminate the torsion bars ..  i would like to do a wilwood front hub kit  ,  rack and pinion  and sway bar front end .. is it possible with a stock K frame?
yep...but the rack will be a bunch of work....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sometime this weekend I'll try to snap some pics of the rack in my dads Valiant. He still has the stock K-frame, but as Fastcars said, it is a lot of work, hopefully he will do one for my Duster next winter. santa1

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
792 Posts
wickedfirefighter said:
instead of doing a rack in my car can i change my steering ratio in my manual box ..
Yes, Firm Feel has several ratios available.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well typically aftermarket strut kits are not very street friendly. They are not set up for street driving at all. If it is a street car then I think the AlterK is the BEST piece out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts