Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What scoop do you guys think would look nice on a 66 Dart? I'm thinkin the hemi scoop might look okay. I really like the max wedge scoop, but i think it may be too long for the hood and not look right. Does anyone have any pictures of an early dart with a scoop?

G

·
i think the hemi scoop is too big.especially on a 66'.a smaller custom one would be cool,or better yet an air-grabber would be stealthy and bad ass.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like that hood on your car, but I'm not sure if the curves of that hood would look good on a square 66.  I really like the max wedge hood.  I've been looking at these three.  I hate making these types of decisions.  What do you guys think?

·
Registered
305 Posts
The scoop that I'm running was actually for a flat hood. I had to make it fit my hood. Those scoops are cool. I'm not a cowl(GM thing)fan what so ever. Really, part of me wishs that I would of went with something more period correct if you will. Anotherwords the top one for my car and the bottom one for you car seeings it's a 66. I don't know, I even like the mopar six pack scoop. Ya it's a hard decision to make.

Lee

G

·
of the 3 i like the max wedge scoop.not only is it a nice design but the demensions will fit your car better,the others are too big.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
66dartman, do you have any pictures of the scoop on your car? If so, can you mail them to me at [email protected] Thanks!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Mopowers,
I like the idea of the 66-67 Hemi scoop for your '66. Kind of "correct" for your model year. I know what you mean. I'm trying to blend the late model technology 6.1 SRT Hemi into a '69 cuda. My vision for under the hood is quite clear. My vision for the exterior is clear except for hood scoop and wheels. BIG decisions, because they can really make or break the outcome of the car. Good luck with your decision...
O.J.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've always liked the Max Wedge scoop, but that's when I really got into racing and MOPARS!
The Hemi 'Cuda/Dart Scoop just shouts RACE CAR!!!, which is OK if that's the mesage you want to put out.
That last one has just always seemed kinda lame to me. Just my opinions.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You don't happen to have any pictures of your 64 do ya Joe?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Joe, if it's a hassle, don't worry about it. I appreciate it though!

·
Registered
111 Posts
So would I , Joe, 'cause so far I'm just visualizing the looks of any of 'em.
My pref. for the Max Wedge scoop just comes from seein' 'em on my favorite cars when I was just a wee tyke! ::)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I found, way down in the bottom of the site: http://www.wsracingfiberglass.com/products.htm#dodge The "hood Scoops" section these listings:

62' - 65' Max-Wedge 2.5" Bolt -on / Bond-on

Max-Wedge 4.5" tall Bolt -on / Bond-on

64' & 65' Hemi Scoop Bolt-on / Bond-on

Now, if my memory is correct, the third listing is he one that just looks to me like the entrance to a coal mine, or something. BIG, wide open, and no "character". (probably very efficient, though) The first one is what I suppose i will always think of as the "classic" MOPAR super stock scoop, with the little dip in the middle. The second one really interests me, and I'm gonna have to see if they have any pictures of it. Could be BIG, wide open, efficient, and with that "classic" character dip. One day I'll see the "perfect" hood scoop for me. Probably right after I put up the money for one I think is not "right", but will "just have to do"!

Fussy ol' fart, aint I? Well, it's my money, my car, and my choices! (and so are all of yours)

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's not a scoop, but it looks go on my early A (64) I got it from a Ford T brid 84 turbo coupe, it a little dark but you could see how it looks

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 20 of 53 Posts