Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0/I NEED TO KNOW WHAT SPRINGS WILL WORK ON MY 72 CHARGER .I HEARD SUPER STOCK LEAF ARE AN ALL AROUND GOOD SPRING BUT MOUNTING IT SOUNDS DIFFICULT.CAN YOU GUYS PUT YOUR HEADS TOGETHER AND LET ME KNOW WHAT ARE MY VARIABLES

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
283 Posts
if you don't want to play with front spring mounts go with mopars xd heavy duty springs.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I bought Mancini's XHD leafs for my RR. they sit about an inch higher than stock. They are 6 1/2 leafs on the right and 5 1/2" on the left. The biggest difference is I don't have anymore wheel hop with the XHD when I occasionally side step the clutch. The PST RR replacement springs used to hop.

Tom

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just get the long front hangers and bolt 'em in, couldn't be easier!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't think you'll have any issues with S/S springs on the street, they are firm but not harsh. You're a better man than me if you can get 600 Hp to hook up on the street however....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
around here i could leave in 3rd or come out of the hole w/ the tires blazing and still win.mustangs and camaros oh hondas too is the only the on the street

·
Registered
404 Posts
i have problmes hooking up with my measly what umm maybe 400 on the fly?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blue said:
I don't think you'll have any issues with S/S springs on the street, they are firm but not harsh. You're a better man than me if you can get 600 Hp to hook up on the street however....
  On my quest for getting the best reaction time I fount that the key was getting the best 60ft.time and a smaller carb.,very short duration cam, after that I couldn't hook on street tires, hell its hard with 10x29s slicks , doh no street tire.       **(*)   but the key to hooking is to kill the torque from the motor   with more duration on the street on a big block mopar.     but if you miss its going to be a slow 600 hp motor.     )(/* if you put a 2000stall and a 320 duration cam will hook with good tires.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you go with a S/S spring, You'll want an adjustable pinion snubber (American Muscle makes a nice unit), drag radials for the street, extra long shocks, and a 90/10 shock up front. You will also want to move as much weight to the back as possible, especially with that wheelbase. The S/S springs come in A body front length so you'll need to install longer front extensions. It's four nuts per side. Dr Diff in Montana has some really nice custom made units that are powder coated and appear to be better quality than Mopar performance units. I ran regular A-body springs (5 and 6 leaf) with long front hangers on a 66 coronet 440 4-speed about 20 years ago. I adjusted the pinion snubber for zero clearance. That car lifted like it was a rocket blasting off. It was very cooooooool.

Keep this in mind, the front of the car will need to come up at the same time as the back or even before. If it's late, it won't work.

Dr Diff: Cass Eslick
[email protected]
(406)883-4772

Quality Body Shop Drivetrain
110 Division Street East
Polson, MT 59860

1 - 11 of 11 Posts