Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I intended to race my 'cuda in NHRA Stock Eliminator (440/automatic) I bought the Super Stock springs recommended in the "recipe" from Direct Connection.   

The car will now be primarily a street car and I may run the "stance" a little lower than set up for racing.  I've heard the Super Stock springs are "crap" on the street.   Is that true??   Any suggestions for what springs I should run for street and occasional strip?   Maybe the Mopar Performance HD a-body springs??  I assume they sit more like a stock spring?   Since I'm running the smaller/lighter Hemi, maybe a reproduction set of 340 Formula S springs (do they make these?) would do the trick?  

Anyone up to date on the latest and greatest for rear springs??
Many thanks...
O.J.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A friend used to put Superstock springs under his car,

Every year.

He drove it on the street about 1,000 miles a year at the most.

Seemed expensive to me.

Try ESPO, 1" higher than stock?

http://espo.com/

Our phone hours for ordering and information are:
Monday-Thursday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Friday 10:00 AM - 12:00 Noon Eastern time
1-800-903-9019

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not crap in any way I can think of, I know of 5 cars locally that run 'em on the street including me, and we like 'em. Some people don't like the increased ride height, about 2" over stock. I've fitted 2 sets of XHD springs, now they were crap, both were sagging just the same as the old worn out originals I'd taken off. How 'bout caltracs and monoleafs as another option?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I run the 3200pound SS springs on the street and they run great. mine is a Daily Driver and would nto changeanything maybe i would go for the 3400 poud springs when i do get new ones again

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much for your input you guys. Since my car will now be primarily for the street, I was concerned about what (one) guy had told me about them being too stiff and bouncy for the street. I think I'll leave them on the car at least till it's drivable and then make the decision for myself.

I have Bill's AlterK and suspension on the front. Don't know much about the monoleafs. Would they be a better arrangement in combination with the front coilovers? Hmmm...
O.J.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I attempted to run the SS springs on a 72 Duster, the right side was higher than the left, both sides were too high. The ride was stone age rough. Removed the SS in less than 500 miles and they are residing in the for sale pile in the back yard. I currently have 6 leaf heavy duty springs on the car the stance is good and the ride is firm.

G

·
:) I used the 2800# SS spring on my duster, its 3350# if I got the 3300# it would be to hard on bumps ,and I drove it on the street it wasn't bad but the 90/10 shocks wasn't to good on turns but it gets 1.51 60ft. every week at the track.

·
Registered
404 Posts
i'm sued to a rough ride because i used to drive around my dad's 83 F250 3/4 truck that had a nice little stout 460 in it.

i don't really bounce hard on bumps in the demon. and i have KYB's. and they do hook good when i do go to the track or let er rip on the street

1 - 10 of 10 Posts