Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with one versus the other, as mounted on a '68 Dart..?

Summit sells the Addco sway bar setups for about $30.00 less that the comparable Herllwig kit..($150 vs $180).

I'm looking for ease of install as a priority, as I only have simple home garage tools.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have Helwig front and rear on my 67 Dart

The only problem I run into was the rear mount to the frame rail was to be done with body bolts. This does not work, or at least for me. SO I installed 3/8" steel riv nuts..........I had a special tool made to compress them. I think it will stay on the car now.

The car rides and handles very good for an old car. Corners flat if you can stay in the seat would be even better

·
Registered
148 Posts
The most important consideration is to have the front and rear work as a combination. A lot of pro and con on the addition of a rear sway bar on other than a car driven for competition. What are the sources used to determine the correct combination for torsion bar spring weight, front sway bar diameter and rear sway bar diameter?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I helped a friend install an front addco bar and was not impressed. the bar sat too low under the k frame for me. we tried to run it throgh the k frame but it would not fit that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts