Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i buy a "T" to combine my front brake lines? what size holes do i need?

G

·
Not sure what you're trying to do...but any store that carries aeroquip or similar fittings will have what you need. DON"T use compression fittings..only double flares....

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would think most auto parts places would have brake line tees in stock, they are a pretty common piece. I believe most Mopars have 3/16” line but if I were you I would measure the line on the car before heading out to the parts store. These cars are old now and who knows what a previous owner may have done.

Pat

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im just needing a t to combine my fronts--i havre  the summit prop valve now.

Aeroquip  fittings?  in Des moines  , Iowa ??  hahha........speed shops are LONG gone here.....I have to buy 90 % of my stuff from Summit .   ;D

You should see the looks on the faces of the KIDS  at the local Oreilly/ Advance auto.......If im not ordering a Coffee can muffler or big wing for a Honda Civic..........they are dumbfounded. 
A typical day :  The oreilly computer did NOT list a 440 as an option for a charger !  I had to explain there were thousands of 440's made from 67-78 .  The guy behind the counter didnt really care......or didnt believe me .   :eek:

I remember the old days when the parts store idiots only knew "camaro" and "Nova" and "350" . Now its Fart can muffler---3 foot wing---etc... o[

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are you looking to go with AN fitting or just double flare standard brake lines? If it is just double flare you can get them anywhere. Typically they are 3/16" lines and a T should be available at O'Reilley or Napa. Not familiar with the Summit Prop valve size I would think they are 1/8" pipe and adapters to go from 1/8" pipe(or whatever size it is)to 3/16 double flare are also available at Napa, Oreilley etc.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just standard brake lines- -i will hit Napa on Tuesday.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK--i get to put away my wallet ---- FINALLY !!!                 $$$ o[

Just before i installed the Summit prop valve i decided to fire up the air compressor and blow air thru the lines to make sure...........  Low and behold.....NO air  coming out the rear brake lines........ ???

So, somethings clogged somewhere.  I went ahead and took ALL of the crap off and ran air thru it.  I found the culprit .

The rubber line that goes to the little Y -block on the axle tube.  CLOGGED.     I assume brake fluid reacts with the rubber if its sitting for 15 years ??

I had to soak it and run a pick thru it several times before this big glob of TAR  shot out !

I never would of thought this was my problem .  well i guess its 2007....and clogging/corrosion happens over time.   

Oh ,  and i did take apart my prop valve and clean the crap out of it  ,    ;D

·
Registered
828 Posts
496dart said:
OK--i get to put away my wallet ---- FINALLY !!!                 $$$ o[

Just before i installed the Summit prop valve i decided to fire up the air compressor and blow air thru the lines to make sure...........  Low and behold.....NO air  coming out the rear brake lines........ ???

So, somethings clogged somewhere.  I went ahead and took ALL of the crap off and ran air thru it.  I found the culprit .

The rubber line that goes to the little Y -block on the axle tube.  CLOGGED.     I assume brake fluid reacts with the rubber if its sitting for 15 years ??

I had to soak it and run a pick thru it several times before this big glob of TAR  shot out !

I never would of thought this was my problem .  well i guess its 2007....and clogging/corrosion happens over time.   

Oh ,  and i did take apart my prop valve and clean the crap out of it  ,    ;D
I would be very tempted to replace the rubber lines, if they were clogged. Brake fluid is nasty stuff, and it will break down the rubber components over time. I have had it occur on multiple occasions where the rubber line turns into a one way valve, brake fluid goes in when the pedal is pressed, but does not come back out, hence, locking up the caliper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
"Aeroquip fittings? in Des moines, Iowa ?? "

I have found a few parts like this at tractor repair shops and True Value stores. They sometimes have a cabinet of fittings. My first choice is NAPA, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts