Big Block Dart Forums banner

tall deck or short deck

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pishta 
G
#1 ·
hi there people, I have a 1965 barracuda and am at a quandry on what to do for engine. the car is 273 4spd I have a 360 core to build have access to a 383 core and have access to a 440 that runs great. what are the dynamics of the 440 vs 383 install and how do these swaps handle when driven and how hard is it to come up with a flywheel and bell housing for the big block? the car will be my wifes so handleing is a factor. also I have an a body 8-3/4 and a dana 60. how wide a tire with the spring relocator can you run and which should I use. the dana needs to be narrowed. I intend to mini tub the car but want to avoid narrowing the 8 3/4 if poss. also will the 4spd live in this thing with a bb? thanks for any replies

#3 ·
Hello, if you want power steering you will have to use the small block or get Bill's Alterkation suspension.  The small block is a bolt together while the big block is more of a hot rod conversion with all of the work required.

A short deck will allow you to use HP manfolds for the exhaust.

Any of the above will be fun though!!

Good luck,
Mike

#4 ·
az426hemi said:
Hello, if you want power steering you will have to use the small block or get Bill's Alterkation suspension.  The small block is a bolt together while the big block is more of a hot rod conversion with all of the work required.

A short deck will allow you to use HP manfolds for the exhaust.

Any of the above will be fun though!!

Good luck,
Mike
Agreed...on both points

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.