Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally ran out of energy (funny, I remember I used to have more). Can't really tell from the pic, but I couldn't get the nooks and crannys where the inner fenders meet the core support and firewall as clean as I wanted. So I had to get as close as I could, then I washed it with soap and water, wet sanded the factory paint I couldn't get off, and let the Ospho (like POR-15) do the rest. Gonna try and prime it tomorrow, it's sitting right now basting in the Ospho.

I took these before I put the Ospho on.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Combination of a DA sander, wire wheels and flap sander on my angle grinder, and good ole sandpaper. I could sandblast it if I wanted to, but the sand makes such a mess, I don't want sand falling out of the car for the next two years.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys, the pics hide a lot of the flaws (at least in my eyes). Last day of my vacation, man am I tired, did house projects on Saturday and Sunday, started working on this thing Monday, didn't get as far as I'd hoped, but at least it looks like I'm making some progress. I just hope it doesn't start to flake off on me down the road.  :p

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Looks like its coming out nice. I wish I could have worked on mine on my vacation. My wife made me take her on a cruise. o[

Tom

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vitamindart said:
looking good i wish mine were that clean when i got them
Not that clean, just no rust holes. I got the car eight years ago, and it always seemed a little off. Found out the cars front end is tweaked from a wreck at some point in it's life.

fourspeed said:
Nice work. All those contours suck, don't they?
No kidding, I need to do my Duster and 73 also. I knew it was gonna suck, but now I know how much. :p

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DartKnight said:
Definitely looks good;  :) what kind of primer did you use?
Transtar Epoxy primer, it was $28 for a quart, and the activator was $23.

demon340v said:
Looks very good
Thanks man, I can't wait to see what it's gonna look like with the paint. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts