Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys something went wrong with my front end yesterday. I emailed some pics i took this morning to my work email so as soon as those come in i will post them up.

But to give you guys a bit of background I do have them wheel adapters on just the front end.

Yesterday driving to work i took the back way as usual and i went over the same little dip i have many times over, well after this little dip, the car's steering felt a bit more lose.  I did not think much of it.  Well after a guy here @ work giving me a hard time on teh car(haha Gm guy) he jinxed me!! going home from work on my way to the bank i hit a few bumps in the road well car make a bad sound liek it was a huge impact on the front end. i pulled off to the side and popped the hood all was ok up above but down under i could nto see, so i take the car home. Well as my mom is pulling out of teh driveway to take me to cash my check, i see teh driver side tire kicked out all nasty style. and the passenger side wheel is stright.

I'll post pics and let me know what you guys thinks pics should be coming across any minute.

THanks in advance!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Tie rod busted?!**Pics now**

Pics

I assume you call this the Inner Tie Rod End correct? the tie rod that's closer to the engine?

What the Tire looks like

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Also this Tie rod is the outer i presume? the tie rod that goes towards the tire. Also reason the pics being having a yellow tint i had to jazz them up a bit before you could nto see anything at all.

Also the passenger side tie rod ends is tucked up a bit higher then this one it is dropping down lower then the passenger side

any suggestions?! comments direct to point me in will be appreciated

·
Registered
124 Posts

Look where the torsion bar/lower control arm pivot go into the k-frame. I have seen that tube break/rot free from the k-frame more than once.

·
Registered
84 Posts

ALSO CHECK YOUR BJ'S

THE WAY THE WHEEL IS COCKED MOST OF THE TIME WOULD NOT BE STEERING RELATED AS IT WOULD BE SUSPENSION RELATED

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks guys, from what i remember in the morning when i checked the car before i left for work, the entire brake assembly did not looked cocked itself. that look pretty dead on including the lower ball joint. I was just looking that will be a special order item :( 75 bucks ouchies, might just be better off getting the pst kit right bout now huh?

·
Registered
86 Posts

You just have to jack the car up and have someone wiggle the tire while you look at the tie-rods and balljoint. You can also check by yourself, if theres play from left to right, its in the steering, play top from bottom, its a balljoint.

BTW its hard to tell if something loose with a picture, when you inspect something dont just look at it, touch it, wiggle it, this goes for women too ;D

Fred

·
Registered
84 Posts

[]{} tnku

·
Registered
320 Posts

Yeah that looks like something let go on the upper control arm, the tie rods don't really look like there is anything wrong with them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

OK guys i worked on the car last night working in the dark kinda sucks but eh

I found out the problem it was my outer Wheel Bearing it fucking blew inside of the drum!!!!!!, When i was jacking up the car i noticed the wheel popped up so i was like wtf? i kept jacking ti up supported the car with my jack stands and started to wiggle the tire and it was loose as a mofo, so i pop it off, take a gander at the drum and it stillw iggles i pop off the drum and up teh bearing is gone so that explains that little scracthing sound i had been hearing, from time to time ot was my wheel bearing. So thank god i got the replacement one today for 10.99(thank you checker!) and well waiting to get off work to go work on teh car and hopefully get it working today!

Expect pics as well !! lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
Least it was easy to find. Clean the spindle real good and make sure it didn't overheat and weaken the metal. You don't want that sucker busting off while your cruising down the road.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And here we go!

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts