Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  I am about to swap over my front suspension pieces from my /6 k member and suspension in my 67' Barracuda. I have purchased a front suspension from a 73-76 A body, but I am wondering what tie rod ends and adjusting sleeves I need? Do I buy the pcs. according to the car( 1967 Barracuda) or should I buy rod ends and adjusting sleeves for a 73-76 A body? Is my 67 drag link going to work I believe it is a /6 piece, and im installing my 68' 440? Why do I thimk my oil pan is also not going to clear?

·
Registered
474 Posts
The tie rod ends and sleeve are the same for 67 to 76. If you have a 73 and up idler are and pitman arm then they won't fit the 67 drag link. Is your K frame still the 67 one?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am installing the 73-76 k member, so I will have to purchase a new idler and pitman arm, along with a v8 drag link. Will I be required to buy an A body big block oil pan or will an 8 quart moroso pan fit? Im not afraid of clearencing the kmember as long as its not to drastic. I have a standard B body factory oil pan, will this pan fit?

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Most likely you will need a C body pan that has the notch for the idler arm to clear or a after-market pan made to fit an A body. With that K frame just get all the suspension parts for a 73-up A body.

·
Registered
474 Posts
DartKnight said:
I'm going to be using the mid-seventies C-body stock tie rods and adjusters; they are a lot stronger from what I hear...

I grabbed a set of those out at the yard, but the sleeves were too long. They are 8 5/8's long and with the ends all the way in I still couldn't get the wheels straight and even. So I had some made up out of alum. hex stock at 7 1/4" long and now with the tires straight and there is about 1/4" of thread still showing on all the ends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts