Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66 dart gt with a shoehorn 440 but no headers. What would it take for me to convert this to a tilt front end. I would like to get rid of the inner fender wells. shock relocation?
I have been trying to build a set of headers for it and thought if I had tilt front end with no inner fender wells, this job would be easier.
Let me know what everybody's thoughts and help are. Had this car for two years and still no working headers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
first thing,, do you have the front frame rails supported or tied into a cage??? to eliminate the inner fenders wells on a unibody car,,,espescially a early A body,, you are asking for trouble,,they tie in the radiatior support,,keeps every thing aligned,,i have seen guys cut giant holes for the older style fender well headers,,,and then the front end starts to sagg,,
usually the upper control arms,,where they are welded to the frame rails give out,,,if you have a cage you need to run tubular supports to the cage,,and thru the fire wall,,,some kind of support,,,,
usually the drag racers or street rodders weld the fenders and the hood together,, and make a hinge to make a tilt on a car that you cant buy a tilt front end for,, good luck,,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts