Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
The old combo, I was running Hooker 1 7/8" fenderwell's with a metric radial - I think 25"x 6.5" or 7" (sec width) on a 3 1/2" rim. It was a pretty small tire, but I still was absolutely not happy with the fact that I could not turn the dam thing without tire and header making contact. I couldn't even imaging using a bigger/wider tire. What should have been "no point" turns turned into 3 point turns in a effort to avoid hitting o[

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have been using metric radials P165R15 on 31/2in wheels. They are 25 in tall and nice and narrow. They are about 50.00 a tire and easy to get in the tire shops. Fit good on a Duster and a Dart both with 2in Hooker Super Comps. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The P165/15 lets us turn and we are down lower than most front and rear.The driver side inner most tube has a slight rub on a sharp left turn on the Duster,but not bad.I am going to cut and move it in about 1in before next season,not that I have to butit will be right.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not to hijack, but has anyone with ears and hookers tried sliding the engine back to gain clearance? This is what Im going to try to do, even if it means a firewall tweak. I am determined to stay with fenderwells. Mainly because Im tired of hard plug changes, cooked starters. starter access, and Ive had probs with burnt shifter cables.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My engine is mounted with a plate, but with the large scater shield there's no room to move it back. It seems like I have the only fenderwell header car that doesn't have the tires rubbing on the headers?

Tim

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
994 Posts
QK TIME said:
Not to hijack, but has anyone with ears and hookers tried sliding the engine back to gain clearance? This is what Im going to try to do, even if it means a firewall tweak. I am determined to stay with fenderwells. Mainly because Im tired of hard plug changes, cooked starters. starter access, and Ive had probs with burnt shifter cables.
my enigine is set back 7in...the headers i used were[originally hooker fenderwells...i just cut them all up and re welded with diferent section's....but my car is also body dropped....

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts