Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A national survey revealed that there are two car for every registered driver in the USA. Why so many cars, are people using gas efficient cars for daily transportation and the gas hogs for family type activities? Are we hoarding the older cars to make a fortune several years from now at the BJ auctions? How many Mopar project cars do you have?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Cudadust said:
A national survey revealed that there are two car for every registered driver in the USA.  Why so many cars, are people using gas efficient cars for daily transportation and the gas hogs for family type activities?  Are we hoarding the older cars to make a fortune several years from now at the BJ auctions?  How many Mopar project cars do you have? 
More importantly, why is it anybody's business other than my/your own? I would automatically question the validity of this "survey", knowing that most survey results can (and usually are) manipulated by the questions asked. There is also the motive of the folks or group funding the survey.

Personally, it's none of my business how many, or what type of projects any of you have. I figure it's good enough for me that you/we have a mutual interest in cars, and may at sometime be an ali in a common cause, should the need arise.

Roger

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got a pretty logical break down-

1973 Duster-Project cruiser/weekend car
1985 Ramcharger 4x4-tow vehicle/offroad trail/camping vehicle
1999 Sienna-got a family of 5...need I say more?
2001 Dakota- Offroad race truck
2005 Magnum- Daily Driver

And the only reason I got the toyota was because the guy at the dodge dealership was being a douche about the grand caravan i wanted, and the offer was too good on the yota.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I only have one project: '67 Dart
finished '69 RR
finished Olds pace car
2000 Ford F 250 diesel: My daily driver
2007 Ford Escape Hybrid: wife's daily driver

My wife wanted the Escape. It is kind of like a smaller Explorer except it gets somewhere over 30 mpg. She wanted a Hybrid and she wanted it to be American.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I question this "Survey" also.

A sample of this forum would be squewed, because we are car people, so we tend to collect them...but remember that here in the USA we use our Driver's License as our primary ID, so I would think that a lot more people have ID than actually drive or even own a car.

I have a friend in New York who has a DL but no car.

Our family's vehicles:

1991 Jeep Cherokee. (my car)
1992 Camaro RS Convertible (wife's car)
1968 Dodge Dart GT (son's car)
1979 Moto Guzzi Le Mans (my bike)
1979 Kawasaki KZ1000 (my bike)

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can never have to many cars.

Currently:
1957 BMW Isetta
1968 Mini MKII Cooper
1969 Plymouth Satellite Convertible (currently being fitted with a Viper V-10)
1974 Mini (custom)
1988 Mazda RX-7 Convertible
1993 Mazda RX7 Single turbo 505 RWHP
1995 Viper RT/10 DLM 936 RWHP
2001 Caravan
2005 Dodge Magnum
2005 Lotus Elise
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
2006 Infinity M45

·
Registered
994 Posts
Duskybird said:
You can never have to many cars.

Currently:
1957 BMW Isetta
1968 Mini MKII Cooper
1969 Plymouth Satellite Convertible (currently being fitted with a Viper V-10)
1974 Mini (custom)
1988 Mazda RX-7 Convertible
1993 Mazda RX7 Single turbo 505 RWHP
1995 Viper RT/10 DLM 936 RWHP
2001 Caravan
2005 Dodge Magnum
2005 Lotus Elise
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
2006 Infinity M45
if you got the room and money....i don't have either..

·
Registered
230 Posts
The survey probably didn't take into account fleets.
Daryl

·
Registered
92 Posts
67 monaco 500
67 coronet 440
71 dart swinger
70 cuda
65 dart gt
97 2 door neon
99 rt neon
these are just the mopars ..

im really glad my girlfreind loves mopars like i do ..
{O

·
Registered
847 Posts
68 GTX 440 auto........since 1985, my baby, under construction, definite keeper
68 Coronet R/T 440 4 speed Dana........under construction, keeper, i hope
68 Coronet R/T 440 auto........followed me home, for sale or build
68 AMX 390 auto/air.........under construction, for sale
68 AMX 390 4 speed.........to build and sell
67 Dart GT........pile of good parts will eventually be a B B D
69 AMX 390 4 speed (401 crossram)........since 1984, definite keeper, if this car could talk...
70 Rebel Machine 390 4 speed.........since 1985, definite keeper
69 Charger R/T 440 auto/power windows........lives with me but not mine YET!
78 460 3/4 ton Bronco.......too much money and time wrapped up, oh well.
67 Harley FLH.........99.5% origional, museum piece, daily rider, for possible sale
92 honda accord........my beater, takes a beating and never breaks

·
Registered
7 Posts
According to the county I live in If you have more than 3 unregistered vehicles you are running a junk yard/salvage yard without a permit.I have to go to court again on Jan.22.
I just got rid of a 79 LeBaron and a 68 Rambler Rebel so now I just have 2 unregistered vehicles,an 84 Ramcharger and an Allis Chalmers tractor,maybe they will get off my back for another year or two.Yes they count farm vehicles also even though Im zoned agricultural.
It all boils down to the guy that owns the land next to me wants me to move so he can have a road put in so he can put in a subdivision.He cant put the road in without my permission because it would be to close to the house.
So he keeps complaining to the town board and the town board goes to the county.This has been going on for about 8 years now.
If he would offer me enough I would move but hes like all those other rich people he doesnt want to pay what its worth.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey, Duskybird! Is that Isetta restored, or awaiting restoration?
Ummmm.....You wouldn't happen to have a stripped body shell available, would you?

Roger

·
Registered
26 Posts
GTS225 said:
Hey, Duskybird! Is that Isetta restored, or awaiting restoration?
Ummmm.....You wouldn't happen to have a stripped body shell available, would you?

Roger
I just finished the frame, engine, tranny, wheels ect. The body goes for paint in a month or so. I don't have a good shell just a rusty old spare parts lump in the back of my garage.
I drove it around for about a year before I decided to restore it. The Satellite kinda put it on the back burner for a while.

·
Registered
92 Posts
05 SRT-4
02 Dakota R/T
04 Crossfire
00 Neon
72 Duster
70 Coronet
68 RoadRunner
93 Dynasty
83 Pace Truck
81 3/4 Ton 4x4
96 Indy Ram

·
Registered
53 Posts
94 Jeep cherokee sport,my suburban battle axe
67 plymouth barracuda in the works
72 chevy pu 3/4 ton corvette motor like every chevy guy seems to claim these days
78 6 series bmw , still one of the best cars I ever owned
And one green 72 sst javelin waiting to be picked up .

·
Registered
208 Posts
Duskybird said:
I just finished the frame, engine, tranny, wheels ect. The body goes for paint in a month or so. I don't have a good shell just a rusty old spare parts lump in the back of my garage.
I drove it around for about a year before I decided to restore it. The Satellite kinda put it on the back burner for a while.
*********************************************************************************

Maybe we can dicker. I have this oddball vision in my head for an Isetta body, turned around on a fabricated frame, and built old-style altered gasser. Straight axle out front, engine out in the breeze, the whole nine yards old school. Full tub across the back with cheater slicks hangin' out where the original 13" donuts used to sit.
What I would need is a body shell with door, and front and rear glass. Extra trim parts and such would be nice for the nostalgia look, but not required.

Roger

·
Registered
392 Posts
The Mopar project cars I have:

1. 69 roadrunner, F5 green, highly optioned 383 4-speed. (was restored once in the 80's, needs work again)
2. 69 roadrunner coupe, bahama yellow, stripper-no options, all original drive train. (needs full resto)
3. 70 roadrunner coupe, vitamin c orange/white bucket interior (needs full resto)
4. 68 dart, bought as a rolling shell from Arizona, working on this car now.

I couldn't sell any of these. I did sell a 70 challenger R/T project and have regretted it ever since. :'(

1 - 20 of 58 Posts