Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i removed my tbars and rebuilt all the suspension, for the life of me i cannot get the tbars to hold up the front end any...i did not take the bars out just slid them back to get the lca out....the i loosen up the hight adjuster, and lowered the lca down until it points to the ground, then slid the tbar back in, used the jack to raise up the lca and reassembled and let it down....no go could not even get the jack out...for kicks i tightened up the adjuster all the way did not help any...

·
Registered
22 Posts
The lower control arm TB sockets are rotated 1/6 turn out of position. It is common for this to happen while working on the suspension. To fix this raise the car from the frame or K member allowing the suspension to hang all the way down. loosen the TB adjusters all the way, until the bolt tip is flush with the top side of the nut plate. Slide the TB's back out of the sockets. Now rotate the left TB socket as far as it will go (until the TB socket arm is down against the adjuster nut plate), and do the same thing on the right side. Reinstall the TB's. Tighten the adjusters until their heads are just above the lower edge of the control arms. Lower the car the car to the floor. Roll the car back and forth a few feet to settle it, and check the ride height. Adjust from there to suit yourself.
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts