Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I want to change rear wheels on my car. One is damaged and I want to go a little narrower.

This is the present wheel spec:

15 X 14, 6.5" Backspace, -25mm offset, .500 Wheel Spacer.

The centerline of this wheel as mounted is just about perfect. It puts the tire just about in the center of the tub w/ about 1" clearance to quarter panel and frame rail.

I think I want to keep this wheel centerline (as mounted) on the new wheel. I  would like to loose the spacer. I would rather have a little too much backspace as apposed to not enough. The former is easy to fix with a spacer.

These are the choices I have to pick from:

15 X 12, 3.5" Backspace, -76mm Offset
15 X 12, 4.5" Backspace, -51mm Offset
15 X 12, 5.5" Backsapce, -25mm Offset
15 X 12, 6.5" Backspace,  0 Offset
15 X 12, 7.5" Backspace, + 25mm Offset

I am terrible at math. The more I look at this, the more confused I get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
well, since you're taking 2 inches off, you probably want to take 1 inch of each side so you can keep your wheel centered like it is now. so - if you take 1 inch off each side, take 1 inch off the backspacing. sounds to me like you should go with the 5.5" backspacing

·
Registered
101 Posts
If it were me I would go with a 4.5 inch BS. to keep the wheelout in the wheel well. Not to be different or anything. I just like the look of a "full" wheel well. To me a car doesn't look rite if the wheel is too far in the wheel well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.