Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody removed the moulding piece that is on the tail fin on a 65 or 66 Dart? I took mine off to see what it would look like and I liked the look without it. Although it is where two panels meet so there will be a bit of body work to blend them. Does anyone have experience with this or pictures of a back end without those pieces?? Also, how do you take off the piece that goes around the top of the back glass???

·
0 Posts
Hey Mopowers,

Am currently in the process of stripping my dart for repainting. To remove the rear window chrome moulding (closest to body paint) you must completly remove the rear window glass. Follow your factory service manual for window removal. Once the glass is out, the moulding is held in place with screws that attach to the body. You remove the inner chrome moulding (next to the glass) using a standard autobody trim removal tool.

Good Luck

66Dart

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks, that's the last piece I have to take off for the body work I'm doing with my dad. It's going to look slick when we're done. We're going to go with a satin black finish for that old hot rod look. What color are you painting your Dart?

·
0 Posts
Glad I could offer you some info. Your paint scheme sounds like fun and something different than everyone else.

I will be re-painting my Dart (270 Sedan w/ Hi Performance Slant) back to the original Red (PP1). If I remember, I'll post some pictures in the near future once it's done and back together.

66 Dart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts