Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
qkcuda said:
Is it just me, or do those look like the torsion bars slide in between the primary pipes?

i heard that they were gonna b a pain to install.. but you gotta do what you gotta do... atleast someone is making them now... i know dougs did. but they are even more mone from what i hear and only 2 1/2 collectors.... the tti are 3" collector...

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
they look like theyd be like comparing manifolds to headers. i guess the spitfires are better than manifolds but these are real heders. i always thought the colector setup on the spitfires was way too funky. so is that a new early A exhaust too? i almost want to run out and buy me an early A body. come on dave, buy the whole setup, you need it, you have to have it... tell him joe...

·
Registered
118 Posts
( gladly accepting donations to fund the exhaust prioject)

one question.... WHERE ARE THE CUTOUTS!!! 0/

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but my wedding is in 16 days, I gotta pay for that first...lol

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
cmon dave, well maybe she will LET you use some of the wedding money to buy them after the honeymoon. LOL congrats on the wedding mine is about 50 days away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I need donations for those headers too.

paypal accepted. :)

Good thing I don't have a credit card any longer.

I am sure those would work better than the stock 273 exhaust
manifolds on my 318 engine. ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Gee, I wish that was my red '64ragtop in those pictures. I wonder if Harold's phone
over at Spitfire is still ringing?
)(/*

·
Registered
111 Posts
I actually spoke to Harold at Spitfire Headers on Sunday afternoon!
He's planning on building five sets of the small block headers for '63-'66
A-body cars this week. I ordered two! We shall see. Will do C.O.D.!!!
He's really a nice guy to talk to.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are headers for early A bodies that hard to find? Hedman's made them for years...up to 2" tubes with 3" or 3 1/2" collectors... Anyone using them?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
65prostreet said:
Are headers for early A bodies that hard to find? Hedman's made them for years...up to 2" tubes with 3" or 3 1/2" collectors... Anyone using them?

yes they are.. alot of guys don't want to cut the fenderwells in their cars..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well I took the plunge this past weekend at Springfling. Bought the early A headers. I didn't hurt all that bad. Sure nice quality. Their header display had them hooked to a 3" exhaust for the early A bodyj

1 - 20 of 69 Posts