Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1 When installing the UCA's, does it matter which way the cam bolts are installed? (Been a while since I took em out LOL) Also is there a way to adjust them somewhat close to correct alignment wise so I'll be able to drive it to the alignment shop?

#2 When I install the torsion bars, is the correct procedure to let the front suspension droop all the way down to install them? What about the anchors on the LCA's? back the adjusters all the way off and let the anchors rest on the tips of the adjuster screws?

#3 I know this one has been asked before but which end is which and which is left/right?

tnku

·
Registered
474 Posts
1. The cam bolt go from the inside with the nuts on the outside.

2. Yes drop the lower all the way down with the adjusters backed out all the way.

3. They will have a L or a r at the end of them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i found if you let the lca drop to far and the torsion installed they won't go into the correct postion.the torsion bars do have a slight twist toward the front, i think the no. face the rear. as to aligment put on some crap tires till you get there then swap them, that my 2cent worth o----o<>

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jet-taz said:
i found if you let the lca drop to far and the torsion installed they won't go into the correct postion.the torsion bars do have a slight twist toward the front, i think the no. face the rear. as to aligment put on some crap tires till you get  there then swap them, that my 2cent worth o----o<>
Thanks man, I knew I kept the junk tires for a reason, now I can justify them being in the yard to Demongirl LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just talked to the guy Sat that is going to align mine. He told me to measure the front of the tire from side to side and the same from the back of the tire, and get the measurement as close as possible to the same measurement. He said I could drive it to the shop that way. Don't know how clear I explained this. Steve

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Steve, simple enough...

Ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.