Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after almosdta month away for my poor car i finaly got to work on her, i put a new caliper on he right side hoping that it would the problem that i had of it not bleeding, it did. So then i took it out for a spin to see if the line-loc worked porperly over many tries it only realy locked 'em up twice, other wise the car would roll easy (but with some resistance) got back to the shop, brake fluid on the hood and surrounding area, looks probably need to tighten up body on line loc, but my question is that my pedal started to feel funny so i look under the dash and there is some fluid comming through the firewall on the push rod ( Manual brakes). So my qestion is, is this a good sign that my master cylinder is shot? Also the pedal won't return all the way back and has little feeling in it.it's all very diappointing cuz all i wana do right now is be able to light 'em out with out much fuss, and latter go racing. Also as a side comment have decied to becuse of money reasons to go with just a spring set up in the rear, so the questions are: Super Stockers or HD springs, and what shocks? I was thnking the ss because it sounds like there the better bet for racing and thats what i'd like the car to do, so what weight would you recomend for me? They'll be going in a mostly stock dart sport with a 440 soon to be 383 and a 727, all with a "mild" build. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sounds like the master is shot.

The cheapest way to traction is still the 002/003 SS springs, long shocks and a pinion snubber.

mike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.