Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm re making a covering new door panels for the sport and I've already done the back 2 interrior panels and after gluing them i put in the panel clips to hold them to the car and the heads of hte clips kinda show in the vinyl. So my question is where can i get the this foam backing stuff that the factory or custom upholsterers use, cuz I don't want the clip heads to show through on my front doors. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
267 Posts
most fabric shops have it, or you can just get 3/16" or 1/4" headliner material and use it for what you want

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've found it at Jo-Ann Fabric's...Just ask for upholstery material, they sell the headliner material with the thin foam backing, and also the vinyl seat fabric too...Not sure where your from but most large Fabric Stores will carry it....

Sue

·
Registered
945 Posts
My guy uses headliner material. He also covers the back of the clips with duct tape to help hold them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just looking for something thats like a 1/8 of an inch of less, liek they used from the factroy, when I took appart the old panels they had a kinda thinly woven materal between the vinyl and the board, that is what I'm looking for, at the local shop that I went to the thinest stuff they had was 1/2" which is way to poofy for my doors. Thanks for all the other advice.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you've got a "Michael's" craft suply, or even any type of craft supply house around, see if they've got something that I know as "fun foam". It's a sponge rubber type of material that's about the thickness that your looking for. Comes in multiple colors and can be glued to your backer. Should do what your wanting to do.

Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts