Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am trying to remove the bushing from the upper control arms of my Barracuda and I am having trouble getting them out. Does anybody know of any tricks to get these out? Do I need to buy a special bushing removal tool? When I do get these out do I need to have the bushings pressed in or can I hammer them in?
Thank you for any replies and have a good day,

·
Registered
459 Posts
[]{} In fact I have a 12 ton shop press in my garage and I still had to fight with them so much, next time I will take them to someone and have them done!

Ryan

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've used a big hammer a press, and a tool by American Muscle and I have to say the tool is the winner by far. It works much like Jim described. I don't think Bill sells them but here's a link to another good guy who does.

http://www.magnumhp.com/tools.php

You can get a comprehensive kit that does most anything you need on the front end as well so click around the web site to see whats available. I've also used a BIG bench vise with BIG sockets but if you're going to do it more than once in a blue moon buy the tool.

ski

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.