Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done side strips and window tinting and now i'll attempt to install my top on the 72 duster. I painted the whole car black and i assume you can install the top over good paint? I know to use 3m super adhesive. Any tips on layout, trimming, working the fabric? I'm waiting to do this as the completion of this car must be done in sequence. The top first then the window clips for the chrome strips then the rubber and glass then the chrome. Any tips that will make it go easier??

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was the helper once, never gonna do it again. what a pain.

i think we spent alot of time measuring the roof to get a true center line and the vinil top itself too

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got plenty of good helpers and no problem laying out the center of the roof and the center of the vinyl. I even have a factory original seting beside the one i'm doing so i can get an idea on the placement of the seam at the top of the front window post. I'll clean the top of car good with prepsol and lay it on the roof, fold it half over and double coat with spray adhesive. I've unfolded it and laid it on the car so as to let it lay flat and get the wrinkles out. You guys better pipe up or i'll do this myself with out your good info......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts