Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 68 Dodge Dart 440 on this site http://volocars.com/1968-dodge-dart-mr-norm-tribute-c-2223.htm. Want to know if anyone knows of it or have seen it at museum. Thinking of making trip to see, Currently overseas back in US soon. I am not hung up on the Mr. Norm Tribute thing just like the year look and the 440. I have a 360 70 Dart already. All opinions welcomed.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
28g for that car is f-cking nuts. looks like a bunch of shit thrown together with a fresh paint job.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Searching

Pictures are deceiving I know, but having hard time finding one that fits my "wants" 68 Dart with 440, very little or no work needed. ANyone find one let me know.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That car is no way a museum piece.It has a driver quality paint job.The engine compartment looks like hell.Don't let the fancy lights and add suck you in.Turn and run,I have seen that car for sale on other web sites for some time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems same opinion I kinda had its lighting and camera more than car
Also most times when they can't give details on the engine build, which they can't I called them, then was sold to them by someone who was not a big car guy.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
There's a lot wrong to compare it to a Mr. Norm 68, including the GTS emblems (GS Darts were GSS - Grand Spaulding Sport). Could you build that car for $28k? Not likely if you were paying people, but if you started with a real clean car you might be in the ballpark if you didn't worry about certain expensive resto items.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was at Volo in the early to mid '90's with a friend and his Father.........his Pop bought an immaculate 70 1/2 Z-28.
They had a barn find Hemi GTX with very low miles and a fair price.
They had a loaded W-30 442 drop top for a great price and a former Reggie Jackson Chevelle.... LS-6 with a bench seat and column shift for a big price.
The prices were fair for the most part and it was worth the trip from here just to see the cars.
There were probably 20 - 25 cars that I really enjoyed seeing.
It isn't a museum , so much as a car consignment place and I imagine that the stock rotates constantly.
But I think it was definitely worth checking out.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I gotta add.................a B&M Z gate ? Really ?
They come no cheaper.
I can see some other corners cut on this one , but I think it might still be worth north of 20 k as it sits.
Those prices aren't etched in stone either and if you go in there and start picking the car apart , they will move.
The Z my buddy's Pop bought was virtually showroom , with 16,000 original miles , so he paid pretty close to asking , but they did move some.

·
Registered
310 Posts
A few details that make the dart on racing junk.com worth while to look at.The engine compartment looks clean,and looks as if they took everything apart to paint and finish properly.The trunk area was refinished properly and detailed correctly.The volo had paint over everything and visual tape lines in the pictures.The white dart is in the ballpark for the price,the details are much nicer.It looks as if someone took the time to restore the car with pride.Its just pictures though,but worth the time to look at.

·
Registered
372 Posts
A few details that make the dart on racing junk.com worth while to look at.The engine compartment looks clean,and looks as if they took everything apart to paint and finish properly.The trunk area was refinished properly and detailed correctly.The volo had paint over everything and visual tape lines in the pictures.The white dart is in the ballpark for the price,the details are much nicer.It looks as if someone took the time to restore the car with pride.Its just pictures though,but worth the time to look at.
and it's a 4444444444444444 speed !

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
I would not buy that car, there is way too much that is glaringly obvious that would make me walk. Engine compartment is a mess, paint is flat, no depth, interior is mismatched (with the rest of the car), no pics of undercarriage at all, etc.

Trouble is that you get into some serious money restoring these things. 8-10k (at least) for a nice paint job, 3-5k for an engine (nothing fancy), interior, trim, drive train (tranny, rear end), exhaust, etc. all adds up fast. You can obviously do it much cheaper if you do the work yourself, keep things as stock/factory as possible, but it will likely take you a heck of a lot longer. You start changing things, it snowballs in a hurry. Don't ask me how I know.

I think you can find something nicer for less money. They are out there. This is the time to buy, hot rod market is down with everything else. Too bad the price of parts is not!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Here is my opinion posted on the same topic on FABO.

"Some of their stuff is nice some isn't. I went there a few months ago with a friend to check out a Plumb crazy Road Runner... Looked great in the photo's, it was a complete pile of crap when we got there... body work was horrible, fiberglass 6pack hood fit terrible, it was actually REALLY rough. My friend who likes cars really doesn't know much about them, and said, wow that car was really wavy. They were still asking almost 30k....

I was wrong, they are asking almost 34k
After looking at this car in person I would say maybe 7-9k
http://www.volocars.com/1969-plymout...ner--c-859.htm"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts