Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Darts are 3" longer, but I don't think that will add up very quickly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You asked "much of a difference". I think there is. My Swinger weighed in at 3460 while my Dart Sport was 3110. That was with the same 360/904/8 3/4 combo and a full interior. The Dart Sport even has an 8 point bar and subframe connectors, Weld ProStars all around with steel tubs. That's 350lbs !!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
drjay0 said:
You asked "much of a difference". I think there is. My Swinger weighed in at 3460 while my Dart Sport was 3110. That was with the same 360/904/8 3/4 combo and a full interior. The Dart Sport even has an 8 point bar and subframe connectors, Weld ProStars all around with steel tubs. That's 350lbs !!!
Hey, You mean my dart Sport ? -0*(

·
Registered
76 Posts
adamr said:
Hey, You mean my dart Sport ?  -0*(
Stop looking at your crystal ball and give Billy Bob a return phone call LOL

·
Registered
404 Posts
according to that it says the 340 Demon weighed 24 pounds more?!?!?!

and the DEmon's top speed was 115mph while the duster was 110mph hmm that's intresting

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
like I said, they're decent ballpark numbers, but Im sure they could vary greatly depending on alot of factors....not to mention sticking an RB into the mix where one never was before. 0/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Capt Jack said:
like I said, they're decent ballpark numbers, but Im sure they could vary greatly depending on alot of factors....not to mention sticking an RB into the mix where one never was before.   0/
this is were i'm going with this.i have a 446 that moves my 3800# B body mid to low 11s & is street driven.i've narrowed it down to looking for a 73-74 Duster,Dart or Scamp & transplanting this engine.this car will be built as 80% race 20% street car.i notice that weights vary quite a bit depending on years & options.i'm going to shoot for a max race weight of 3200#.

·
Registered
704 Posts
i hear that the duster/demon have bigger wheelwells in the back, i dont have a dart to compair to but my framerail to the center of the opening is 15.2 inchs, so a 13 inch tire shnould fit in there, we'll see

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.