Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to install sub-frame connectors and hemi-boxes on my '67 Dart. One concern I have is frame twist or improper loading of the chassis during installation. I need answers to the following questions:

1. How important is it to level the car prior to installation?
2. Where on the car do you set the level? Door
3. Do you place the Jack stands under the suspension or under the frame? Does it matter?
4. Is there an agreed upon order of installation? (my plans are for sub frame, hemi boxes and moving the springs into the frame rails.)
5. Is it possible to accidently introduce a twist in the unit-body during these procedures?

Thanks

tnku

Regards

Joe

·
Registered
283 Posts
1, level the car. you can do it by the crowl .2 place stands under the frame, the suspension moves. 3 frame rails first, then the relocation kit. check for square from the torsion bar mount, drop a plum from each side and check it to the front spring mount holes.

·
Registered
274 Posts
b569rr (member) supplied some great pictures for me. Search the old posts for 'frame connectors'

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
1DART440 said:
b569rr (member) supplied some great pictures for me. Search the old posts for 'frame connectors'
No problem 1DART440. I have some of those pics in the gallery. Store bought rear boxes will have to be modified to fit with the connectors. Might as well make your own if you are going to spend $$$ on boxes that you are going to have to trim. Also, with the springs moved inboard, you don't need the big holes in the bottoms of the rear boxes to access the hanger bolts, which of course won't be there any longer.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts