Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all the 10-11 second cars out there, what are you guys running as far as front brake rotors? 10.8 or 11.75? I've heard a lot of different opinions from different people. Are the 11.75 overkill for a street/stripper w/ thinner street tires? I just want to here all opinions before I make a choice. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
mopowers said:
.... Are the 11.75 overkill for a street/stripper w/ thinner street tires....
There's no such thing as too much brake, it just matters how you use them and if you get used to how they function in your particular ride.
Vacuum assisted brakes tend to be more "touchy" and have a propensity of locking up without using measured effort.
My favorite combination of brakes, at least as far as stock components go, are the '73+ A body spindle with the late B body 11-3/4" rotor and caliper mounts, for the front.
For the rear it's 11" by 3" drums from a heavy duty brake optioned '65-'68 C body (usually a wagon).

If it didn't stop, it should've. :D

Mark.

·
Registered
52 Posts
just remember, brakes don't stop you, tires do, and the brake stops those from turning. you can have all the brakes in the world, but with something like a drag skiinny, the tire contact patch is realtively small. i'll let you know soon if 11.75 w/205/65r15 is good enough for hard street driving. i assumecar weight and distribution has a lot to do with it too. thats why i opt to put the battery in the trunk like most strip guys. btw, my car is in peices, but it is going to be a low-mid 12 street/bracket strip/rr car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any one running some front disk brakes w/o power assist? I am converting my 9" drums to 73 model disk and don't know if I want to go with the power assist. I don't mind the pedal effort but don't see this combo much on mopars, mainly chevys have a manual disk set up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.