Big Block Dart Forums banner

What cage are you using, good or bad

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  bOb shingler 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to buy my cage kit and was wondering who is using what and are you satisfied,
would you change anything? if so what.

thanks in advance
68Valiant

#2 ·
S&W 14 point kit ok. Main hoop a little to narrow in my opion. Could have bent bent closer to the jam. Down bars by the front window don't fit as tight as you would think a kit that was to fit an A body should. I guess to many variables on what dash is in the car.

G
#3 ·
I used the Art Morrison (race only) in my Duster (73). Very tight fit on the roll
bar. I had to bend the bottom in some so I could weld it. The front supports
from the bar to the front of the car is not a tight fit. I had to do lots of hard
thought and changing around to get it the way I wanted.

I don't think any full cage kit is going to be a perfect fit. I have long legs and wanted
my bar back futher than most. My seat is all the way back in the indent for the front
seat and the bar is up on the upper level of the floor pan for the back seat.

I think they all take some playing with if your going to do a full cage.

OlSkool

G
#4 ·
I used an Art Morisson kit - if I had it to do over again I'd say go with S&W or another company that uses an actual HALO bar. That will allow you to position the A-pillar bars wide enough apart to still use the glove box and lights.

G
#5 ·
comp. egineering 8 point bar fit very nicely and i'm happy with it,but if i knew someone who did good work i would go with a custom fit next time.the guy i knew in florida had a 6 month wait so i bought the kit, shoudda waited and got full custom cage. doh

#6 ·
I have a Competition Engineering 10 point cage. Every bar had to be notched to fit properly, other than that seems alright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.