Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the wiper motor in my car was all peeled and surface rusted... but there was sttill a little bit of royal blue paint on it. i repainted it that color and it looks like garbage

what color is everyone else's???

pics are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
imfamousjim said:
the wiper motor in my car was all peeled and surface rusted... but there was sttill a little bit of royal blue paint on it. i repainted it that color and it looks like garbage

what color is everyone else's???

pics are greatly appreciated.
here is a picture of mine on my 67 Dart. I had it restored instead of just painting it. I figured after spending as much money on the car to spray bomb paint it would not look good.

The base is natural aluminum look. Motor housing is satin black. Plastic is white

I'm not sure who made this wiper motor. Chrysler bought some and made some. It seemed all the cars I had didn't have a chrysler motor.

I worked at the Chrysler Electrical plant in the 70's and remember the ones we made there were painted black and I believe that before painting them black they cad plated them. I think I have a few new ones but would have to look at them to see what color plated CAD or black. The Chrysler wiper motor that was made in Indianapolis had the motor housing 90 deg. from the base.

My best guess is the wiper motor should be satin black if it is all painted

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts