Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you guys that run your car at the track frequently, what do you guys run for rear brakes?? Are 10 x 2.5" drums sufficient for stopping a high 10 second dart?

·
Registered
612 Posts
if you go with BBP I would go with the C-body brakes 11x2.5 with the finned drums....I took some off a car yesterday at the JY backing plates and all. everything looked good. If your interested I could grab'em and ship'em out to ya.

·
Registered
704 Posts
i have a pair of 11x2.5 inch drums, brand new ordered from chrysler waiting to go on, my dad had ordered them for his 10 drag car before he found the imperial disk, but dont worry a 10x2 is plenty sufficient, on a front engine, rear drive car the back brakes only do 25% of the braking anyways

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
abqdart said:
if you go with BBP I would go with the C-body brakes 11x2.5 with the finned drums....I took some off a car yesterday at the JY backing plates and all. everything looked good. If your interested I could grab'em and ship'em out to ya.
I've got a set of 11 x 2.5s also. I was just wondering if the 10's will slow a car down at 125 mph in the 1/4. those 11" finned drums weigh a friggen ton. I think I'll just slap the 10's on and try them out. Maybe upgrade down the road if need be.

·
Registered
724 Posts
mopowers said:
I think I'll just slap the 10's on and try them out.  Maybe upgrade down the road if need be.
Evan, You'll probably be more than okay doing that with good front disc brakes. Those bigass C body brakes ARE heavy for a drag car but real nice for a B body cruiser.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right on. Thanks guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts