Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to drop my 440 into my 70 swinger, I've got eddy heads and schumacher headers. what gasket set up do I use. I've always just used Mr. gasket gaskets with red rtv. but I want to do this only once. Any advice. Thanks Chewy

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I ordered my Schumachers, they came with header gaskets. I haven't tried them yet though. They might be worth a shot if you got 'em. Haven't heard anyone having trouble with them.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I burned out a set of expensive fel pros because they were larger than the port. Check the port sizes before you order. I ended up buying new copper ones, but I haven't installed them yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
sorry to bump an ancient thread but what gaskets are supposed to be used for the flange (output) end on schumachers's? the ones that came with the gasket kit I got are for a 2.25 outlet and the bolts are too close together. anyone know what gasket should be used?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Capt Jack,

I just bought some schumachers, the paperwork said those gaskets are standard BBHP manifold units. You could always ask the guy at the parts counter for 2 hole, 2 1/2" exhaust gaskets....

Jay

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used the original supplied schumacher gaskets and they worked well and easy to remove. Had headers off to do some work and put it back together with Mr.Gasket on the exhaust ports and they did not hold up well and when I went to replace them they were hard to remove. I now use the flatout brand and they hold up well and remove easy if needed with the standard exhaust gasket on the collector.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I haven,t put my Edelbrock heads on my 440 yet.I had a header gasket leak with my 906 heads that i just couldn,t get to seal. So i tried the Remflex gaskets and they worked great. Dave o----o<>

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm using Mr. gasket Copper gaskets they are working just fine. re sued them twice already now.

since we are on gaskets for my collectors i use the ercey's Seal 4 good. happy with those as well

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got SCE copper. Also I put a light bead of Permatex Ultra copper on them. Watch You dont bend the Flanges when you tighten them up.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Pro Street dart said:
I got my Remflex p/n RF6002 header gaskets last week.  They look like they're a ¼" thick. REAL nice!
................What size port on the head and the header pipe size..................thanks.....kim...........

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm a real biig fan of copper gaskets and copper RTV. You can reuse it umpteen times, and if it does leak, you just tighten a bit more they never blow out..

·
Registered
248 Posts
1-7/8" x 1-3/8" Square Port on the gaskets. Headers will be TTi's (re-use) 1-¾" or Schumacher's. The TTi primaries are going to be big for these I think.

·
Registered
749 Posts
When I ordered my Maddog headers....I asked him if they came with gaskets because when I opened the box there were none. He said that he only uses the hi temp silicone...the red stuff. Mark said that it seals up and wont blow out.

Rick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts