Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i fould a 68 dart gts 340 car. it dont have motor or trans. looks to be all there. just wondering what something like this is worth. thanks

G

·
Jim_Lusk said:
Condition is important, but if it's easily restorable (no big rust holes to fix or nasty compound dents) it'll start out over $1k.
actually for a non rusted 340 car(roller)you can at least triple that #

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is some rust in the pass. quarter (needs lower panel) the driver side looks good and the headliner is falling down but that looks to be all.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Three 68s are listed in MCG ranging from $3900 for a 318 Gt to $13500 for a Gt conv and $34500 for a 383 numbers car. In most cases id depends on the condition of the car and what the buyer is willing to pay.

G

·
LIKE EVERYONE SAYS IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE SHAPE OF THE CAR AND IF THE FLOOR IS RUSTED OR THE FRAME RAILS ARE RUSTED AND THE ENGINE IS NOT THE ORGINAL .I WOULD START AT $1000.00 AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN GET ,ALSO IT MATTERS WHERE YOU LIVE. CARS ARE WORTH MORE MONEY DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE .

·
Registered
994 Posts
Jim_Lusk said:
The number's matching wienies won't want it because the original engine is gone. But, you're probably right considering what the hood alone is worth.
dosen't really mater much if the original engine isn't in the car...for a 340 as long as it's a proper year block/intake and x-heads that's all that matters...but if it's going to be a original restoration, you still would have to find a period correct 340.. which can still be found,but starting to get a little tricky....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Man I cant read. Have an original 340 bare block 1968 version standard bore, intended use is for a stroker engine. I am not a numbers matching kind of guy and would let the block go to someone who really is into those things. I also have a 30 over 383 Challenger engine thats available, bought the engine in case someone needed it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Havent really thought about a price, I have a stroker crank, rods and caps. needs all of the other parts for the build. I am not really trying to sell the engine but would let it go to a numbers matching project.t

1 - 13 of 13 Posts