Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 318 SB oil pans. one has an idler arm notch (#387)...the other doesn't.(#???). which one should I use for the 318 64? what did the 273 pan look like??? Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 360 in my 64 valiant. Standard oil pan looks fine. I would think as long as you have a drop center link for a v-8,any car (not truck) pan would work? I'm sure someone else will chime in and give you a "for sure" answer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wondered if if the Moroso 8 quart pan would fit, cause it didn't have the two dimples in the pan like the factor had and the sqaure wasn't exactly the same either. 

The factory pan had an angle on the passanger front side corner of the drop/center section that the Moroso doesn't.  It fit, but I had to jack the motor a little higher that the factory had it cause of my fender well headers.  So what I'm saying here is the dimples for the drag length werent nessasry, cause I'm higher. 

I have two of the factory(well I say factory, they both have the dimples that most other car pans don't have) 273 pans for early A's.  If you're able to do a mock up then I would try that. 

My Moroso pan just barely fits.  It was so tight that I couldn't put the motor in with the bell housing or with the pressure plate on.  What a deal.

Lee 

·
Registered
305 Posts
I don't have a digital camera, can you post pictures of the two that you have?  I can tell you if there're like mine or not.  I had both of these pands in the car I know they work.  15,000 miles just from me and how ever long there were in the 65 cuda's that I pulled them from.  I'm pretty sure these are factory pans I know the one had been in the 65 cuda since 78 or so.  That's when my drunk cousins wrecked the poor car.  That way you'll get a faster respond time.  I would have to borrow one then, and right now I'm real busy when I'm not at work.  The only time I have excess to the Mopar boards is while I'm at work puke;.

Lee

·
Registered
305 Posts
The blue one will work fine.  Not sure on the numbers on my pans.  I'll look tonight. Also notice in the front part of the sump is angled on the blue one, that will help with the passangerside of the K-member it's tight over there.

Lee

·
Registered
305 Posts
The blue pan looks identical to the two I have that were already in the cars when I got them. Couldn't see a number on mine though.

Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts