Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What shocks should I run with super stock springs on my duster. It has a 281 cuin eng, nash 5 speed trans, and 6.17 gears with 28/10.5/15 slicks???

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Mopar Performance sells longer shocks for use with SS springs. They are priced good too. I've heard that Ford pick-up shocks will work also. Not sure of the exact application or even if it is true. I'm sure someone will chime. By the look of the gear and trans you've got, it sounds like you got quite a hot rod, so you may want to go with a higher quality shock than a parts house unit though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mopowers said:
Mopar Performance sells longer shocks for use with SS springs.  They are priced good too.  I've heard that Ford pick-up shocks will work also.  Not sure of the exact application or even if it is true.  I'm sure someone will chime.  By the look of the gear and trans you've got, it sounds like you got quite a hot rod, so you may want to go with a higher quality shock than a parts house unit though.   
Yeah, our local track runs heads up. My eng is a 318 bored to a 4.0 bore with a 2.800 stroke crank. The car weighs 3250 with me in it. This makes me a 11.5 lbs per cubic inch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts