Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 69 dodge dart which will have 15" by 8" cop wheels. My dad said i should get 205 70 series in the front and and 225 70 series in the back. it has an A body 8 3/4 rearend. What size tire do you guys think i should get?
thanks for the valuable info ;D

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
if the wheel is absolutely centered in the wheelwell, you can fit a 255 60 or 70 15 on the back with enough room. the 70 are a bit tall for a dart though. i have them on my dart. at times they just kiss the front of the wheel opening. id go with the 60 or you can always add a 1/4" shim in front of the spring hanger. wher eid yo uget 8" cop rims?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car in the picture has 15x7 wheels,255/60/15 rear,215/60/15 front.there is room to go wider in the rear,also are you sure those are 8" wide?cop  wheels are 7",or you may have the big 8" steelies,which are valuable and very cool.i'll try to post a better pic. of my wheels

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm running 245/60 15 front and 255/60 15 rears at the moment, putting new Yoko's on this thursday, 245/60 15's all the way around cause I like a nice neutral balance to my car as far as tires go. looks silly with tiny 205's up front and 225's in the back, thats what was on it in my sig pic, also sits to low to the ground on those, rides better and sits better on the bigger tires. Just my opinion.

Current

205's and 225's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i think the seller lied to me they arent cop wheels but they do have a 15 inch diameter and 8" width. So i shouldnt run into any clearance problems with say 245's?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
do they have 6 slots? i saw 8" cop rims but they were custom made. are you measuring outside to outside of the rim? or from bead to bead? either way, as long as the rims are centered in the wheel well you can fit a decent size tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts