Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys, I've come to the masters....Does anyone know what late model Spindles will work on a 68' Dart?

Trying to upgrade the 9" drums to Disc. The hardest part has been trying to find Spindles. I have been everywhere in my local area, and the internet trying to find Spindles, no luck. From the forum I've learned that 73-76 A Bodies will work (Duster, Volarie, Etc.), but none to be found, urrrggghhhh.

So what are my other options? Will B Body spindles work on a A Body? (sorry for the stupid queston...:(...). I have found more B Body spindles (Challenger, Coronet, Etc.) than A Body, so wanted to see if any of these models would work?

Thanks guys..

Pat

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Ok, first lets define some bodies.
73-76 Duster, Dart, Dart Sport, Valiant = A=body
76-up Volare, Aspen = F-body
70-74 Challenger, Barracuda = E-body

AS far as disc spindles go, you realy want 73-76 a-body OR 76-up F-body, BUT the F-body spindle can be found on every 80s RWD Mopar (Diplomat, Fifth Ave, Gran Fury). You will still need 73-76 a-body upper control arms or tubular uppers and a 73-76 a-body lower ball joint.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
81 Posts
[]{}Yep what jim said if you want to read up on it go to the top of page click tech pages,then spindel interchange

·
Registered
169 Posts
I put a set of Wilwood disc brakes on
my 9" drum spindles.
Fits fine, light weight,and should stop good.
I am going to sell this whole front suspension,
so I can put an Alterkation front end on it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
86 Posts
440Demon said:
I put a set of Wilwood disc brakes on
my 9" drum spindles.
Fits fine, light weight,and should stop good.
I am going to sell this whole front suspension,
so I can put an Alterkation front end on it.
Take a look at the spindle shaft size between a drum and a disc spindle. Its scary! I wanted to go this way with the wilwood kit, but decided to get spindles from a 86 new yorker. Got the F body brake kit and changed the inboard bearing and seat in the hub (its not the same size, o/b is same size). I machined a tapered bushing to go with the smaller balljoint of the drum upper control arms because I couldn't find affordable 73-76 UCA.

For street I wouldnt recommend the drum spindle with disc brakes

Fred

·
Registered
320 Posts
I put 85 5th ave spindles on my 73, everything bolted up fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts