Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these hub caps:

I really like the way they look and I want to put them back on the Swinger. However, when I went and got some steel wheels from the JY, three out of four rubbed on the calipers. I have a set of rallys, but I really like the sleeper look of these hub caps. Anybody know? Oh yeah, and they are 14's.

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
What size rotors are you running? If they are the small ones there should not be any fitment issues with any factory 14" rims. If you are running the big rotors, you need 15" wheels and those caps will not fit.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, whatever came stock on an 85 5th ave. The rim that fits is different then the others that didn't fit. The ones that didn't fit had kind of a bell shape to them, which caused them to rub on the calipers. The 14" rallys fit fine, if I had the big rotors they wouldn't fit right?

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
Well, I've never tried the big rotors so I'm not sure how close they are. Then again, Jeff's Dart has 15" rallye wheels and Alan's Barracuda has Paulsen steel wheels, also 15".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.