Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would a shop charge to mini-tub a 73 Duster, thats moving springs inward to frame rails and splicing a 3" piece into the wheel well tub for each wheel, I already have relocation kit for A-Body already, anyone know of a place that would do this in the Maryland area

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm getting mine done right now. Keeping the stock rear end, but moving springs to the frame and adding to the tubs. He is buying the relocation kit, He quoted me $700, give or take. I had to buy front spring bushings but no big deal. He does awesome work, but sometimes can be slow. It's going on a month, and he hasn't got a tremendous amount of work done. He just does it on the side when he has time. I'm in Illinois, but I think it will be hard to beat that price.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I spent $600, including narrowing the rearend. It took about a month. First time I ever did anything like that before. The tech pages on this site were extremly helpful. It was well worth the blood sweat and beers when you slip some fatties under the ass end and say I did that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
6pkScamp,

I really like the way your car sits and looks.  Do you have any bigger pictures you could post.  How big are those tires?  Nice job!  I'm getting ready to start my mini-tub project.  I've ordered the MagnumForce adjustable ride height kit and I'm waiting to receive it. 

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
88 Posts
68droptop said:
6pkScamp,

I really like the way your car sits and looks.  Do you have any bigger pictures you could post.  How big are those tires?  Nice job!  I'm getting ready to start my mini-tub project.  I've ordered the MagnumForce adjustable ride height kit and I'm waiting to receive it. 

Thanks,
John
BOOOO!!!!!!!! HISSSSSS!!!!! Blasphemer

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't worry, it's not an original GTS, if that's what you're concerned with, or do you just not like fat tires?

·
Registered
459 Posts
68droptop said:
Don't worry, it's not an original GTS, if that's what you're concerned with, or do you just not like fat tires?
Not it's the MagnumFarce junk that got the boo hiss...

Ryan

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ryan (Strange246) said:
68droptop said:
Not it's the MagnumFarce junk that got the boo hiss...

Ryan
so what's the big problem with magnum force....i had used their tubular control arms and coilover shocks with no problem

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
there are also many bad reports about the magnumforce k frame. has any one ever heard of a complaint on the rms front end? the other MF stuff is probablly good though. im still surprised at how many people frequent this site and are not aware of the RMS product line.

oh yeah the topic. 700 bucks sounds very resonable to me. its a lot of work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
6PKScamp; about two months ago I ordered that same thing from "they who shall remain nameless" (adjustable ride height kit) from the website, well I waited and waited and it never came, so I called em and the chick that answered the phone told me that they no longer made/offered that particular thing but hadd'nt got around to removing from the website. Yea, real nice, thanks for giving me the heads up on that one. I pissed away like two weeks waiting. Bought the kit from my dodge dealer and had it the next day, drilled the hole in the middle and welded them in, then cut and rounded them to look like stock frame rails from the side. I'd call em and check that out, unless they started selling them again. My 2 dollars worth (inflation and all) Jeff.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
704 Posts
i saw on a tv show whena guy hired magnum force to put there front end kit on a roadrunner, and he even had 4 guys from the company they stillhad trouble getting it to fit,

id buy a rms front end but i have no money, so im going to build my own

·
Registered
124 Posts
Geez guys, I didn't mean to step into a hornets nest...  I'm a newbie, and I'm just getting back into mopars.

I can't find a spring relocation kit on the RMS web site.  Do they even sell a kit? 

It sounds like the RMS products are great, so it seems they shouldn't worry too much about the competition, especially if the competition is screwing up and has substandard product as people report.  Maybe there is something personal that I don't know about, or care to know about.  I would like to buy some products from RMS, but I'm not going to be bullied into it because I joined a web site.  I appreciate the forum, but I suspect RMS would rather EARN my business, not have people flame the competition just for being in competition.  Am I wrong?

6pkScamp, I had a '72 that same color back in the mid-80's, but it didn't look near that good...

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
994 Posts
68droptop said:
Geez guys, I didn't mean to step into a hornets nest...  I'm a newbie, and I'm just getting back into mopars.

I can't find a spring relocation kit on the RMS web site.  Do they even sell a kit? 

It sounds like the RMS products are great, so it seems they shouldn't worry too much about the competition, especially if the competition is screwing up and has substandard product as people report.  Maybe there is something personal that I don't know about, or care to know about.  I would like to buy some products from RMS, but I'm not going to be bullied into it because I joined a web site.  I appreciate the forum, but I suspect RMS would rather EARN my business, not have people flame the competition just for being in competition.  Am I wrong?

6pkScamp, I had a '72 that same color back in the mid-80's, but it didn't look near that good...

Thanks,
John
mopar performance sells spring relocation kits...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mopar Performance is the kit I used, kept the original suspension. Thanks for the compliments. Automan, nice touch rounding the boxes off.

G

·
Don't worry about these guys ;D I like hearing about the competition actually - keeps me informed. I never heard of this "ride height kit" What was it supposed to be?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts